The SPSP Book Prize for the Promotion of Social and Personality Science is a prize for a single outstanding contribution that honors a book written by a psychologist that makes a distinctive and important contribution to the field by promoting an understanding of the science of social and personality psychology to the general public. Edited, ghost-written, and co-written books are eligible for this award, and submitters will be asked to clarify the roles of such contributors during the application process.
The recipient will receive a $500 honorarium and an accompanying plaque, which are presented at the annual Awards Ceremony held at the SPSP Annual Convention, as well as a complimentary one-year SPSP membership.
- For the 2017 Book Prize, eligible books are those published during calendar year 2016, i.e. those with a 2016 copyright date.
- Books, unpublished and ‘in press’, are not eligible.
- Published in 2016 means (as rightly interpreted) appears in print in 2016 (i.e. not in press or published in 2015).
- The publication year is the year the book was first published, not subsequent publications, i.e. into paperback format.
- Edited, ghost-written, and co-written books are eligible for this award, and submitters will be asked to clarify the roles of such contributors during the application process.
- A brief nominating letter.
- 5 copies may be mailed by the submitter to the Washington DC
SPSP Executive Office (must be received by June 1st)
We encourage the submission of BOTH an electronic file and a physical copy of the book
- An E-file uploaded to this submittable form.
. If you are submitting hard copies, online nomination forms must still be completed.
More information on our website
Questions should be directed to email@example.com