FPSP, in collaboration with SAGE Publications, is pleased to award the SAGE Young Scholars Awards. These awards recognize outstanding young researchers in personality and social psychology. The awardees will receive a one-time award of $5,000 to be used at their discretion for research, study, or conference travel-related purposes, as well as a complimentary one-year SPSP membership. At least five awards are presented each year to young scholars representative of the broad spectrum of personality and social psychology research areas.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Candidates must be between 3 to 7 years into an academic faculty position (but not including post-doctoral training) by September
of the year in which they apply. Previous winners may not be renominated.
- Candidates should have demonstrated exceptional individual achievements in
social and/or personality psychology (broadly defined), conducting research
that places them at the forefront of their peers. Criteria include
innovation, creativity, and potential to make a significant impact on the
- Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by others
- A two page research statement describing the candidate's current and future research plans, highlighting the work's creativity and potential impact on the field.
- A statement (up to 200 words) regarding how the Sage Young Scholar Award would encourage their development as a future leader of the field.
- The nominee’s current vita in electronic format.
Award winners will be chosen by SPSPs SAGE and Heritage Award Panel
To apply for the award, please sign into your Submittable account, or create a new account, below.
be received no later than June 1, 2019 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.