The Nalini Ambady Award for Mentoring Excellence is a teaching and mentoring award that honors a personality or social psychologist who has demonstrated a career-long commitment to fostering the professional and intellectual development of students and early career researchers. This award is intended to recognize exceptional and selfless efforts to shape our field through mentoring activities that promote research integrity, impact, and productivity, and also a record of serving as an accessible and supportive advisor. The award is named in memory of Nalini Ambady, who was widely-known for her dedicated mentoring of undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and junior faculty.
Recipients of this award receive a $500 honorarium and accompanying plaque, which are presented at the annual Awards Ceremony held at the SPSP Annual Convention, as well as a complimentary one-year SPSP membership.
- Recipients should have made significant contributions through a career-long commitment to fostering the professional and intellectual development of students and early career researchers.
- Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by others.
- A bullet-ed list that describes the nominee’s mentoring objectives, process, and influence on the field, including a list of previous mentees if desired.
- Letters of support from up to three graduate student mentees. ( Optional)
- Nominee's current vita in electronic format.
More information on our website.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com.