FPSP, in collaboration with SAGE Publications, is pleased to award the SAGE Young Scholars Awards. These awards recognize outstanding young researchers in personality and social psychology. The awardees will receive a one-time award of $5,000 to be used at their discretion for research, study, or conference travel-related purposes, as well as a complimentary one-year SPSP membership. At least five awards are presented each year to young scholars representative of the broad spectrum of personality and social psychology research areas.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Candidates must be between 3 to 7 years into an academic faculty position (but not including post-doctoral training) by September
of the year in which they apply. Previous winners may not be renominated.
- Candidates should have demonstrated exceptional individual achievements in
social and/or personality psychology (broadly defined), conducting research
that places them at the forefront of their peers. Criteria include
innovation, creativity, and potential to make a significant impact on the
- Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by others
- A two page research statement describing the candidate's current and future research plans, highlighting the work's creativity and potential impact on the field.
- A statement (up to 200 words) regarding how the Sage Young Scholar Award would encourage their development as a future leader of the field.
- The nominee’s current vita in electronic format.
Award winners will be chosen by a subcommittee of the Board of the Foundation for Personality and Social Psychology, Inc. For more information, please visit http://spsp.org/awards/annualawards/earlycareer/sage-young-scholars.
To apply for the award, please sign into your Submittable account, or create a new account, below.
be received no later than Monday, October 15, 2018. Contact Jennifer Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.